Historical Facts by Year
Historical Facts by Alphabet
Yukon Nuggets by Year
Yukon Nuggets by Alphabet
THE WEEKLY STAR REPORTS IN 1924
• March 21, 1924
The Star resumes publication after a suspension of several months. Reason for the suspension were financial issues.
• April 11, 1924
The Yukon Liberals elect their officiers for the ensuing year. W.L. Mackenzie King and F.T. Congdon are elected president with W.E. Thompson as vice-president.
• May 2, 1924
→ June 6, 1924
The navigation season opens. The steamer Casca, with the barge A.B. Shay in tow, is the first boat to leave Whitehorse for Dawson on June 2, 1924.
• June 6, 1924
The last section of the dam is opened May 31, 1924. The dam was designed to store water in Marsh Lake, Lake Tagish, and all its branches, and Lake Bennett. By releasing the water early in May is is expected that Lake LeBarge is open earlier permitting steamers to navigate earlier.
• August 8, 1924
The building and grounds at Whitehorse Rapids are named after
• September 12, 1924
Through the persistent efforts of Robert Lowe, the Dominion Government arranges to transfer a number of buffalo from the park at Wainwright, Alberta to the Yukon.
• October 3, 1924
The liquor store re-opens after being closed for a few months due to a lack of supply.
* The dates on the left indicate when the event was reported in the newspaper and might differ from the actual date of the event/ the date mentioned within the text on the right.